Web 2.0 Summit: News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch & MySpace CEO Chris DeWolfe
How will Rupert Murdoch, head of the world’s largest media empire and soon-to-be-owner of Dow Jones improve The Wall Street Journal?
- Make it better in what it does now. Financial news.
- Add more national and international news.
- Kill the New York Times? “Yes, that would be nice.”
- Expand the culture section.
How will he improve MySpace?
- Renew co-founder Chris DeWolfe’s contract for another two years.
- Roll out a “MySpace Platform” that will allow third-party developers to create applications for the social networking service.
- Kill Facebook?
Imagine that would be “nice” too.