Tribune Files for Chapter 11; Who’s on the Hook?
Much of that debt belongs to big banks, of course–J.P. Morgan (JPM) has more than $1 billion by itself. But Tribune (TXA) owes lots (though much smaller amounts) of money to lots of media companies, too–mostly dollars that the company’s TV stations owe various studios.
Here’s who’s on the hook:
- Time Warner’s (TWX) Warner Bros. Television: $23.7 million
- News Corp.’s (NWS) Twentieth Television: $8.1 million
- Disney’s (DIS) Buena Vista Entertainment: $6.2 million
- GE’s (GE) NBCU Domestic TV: $4.9 million
- Sony’s (SNE) Sony Pictures Television: $2.2 million
- Nielsen Media Research: $1.9 million
- Viacom’s (VIA) Paramount Pictures: $1.69 million
Here’s the complete filing (click button on top right to enlarge):
Tribune’s Bankruptcy Filing