Macworld ’09 LIVE
With the misinformation surrounding Apple (AAPL) CEO Steve Jobs’s health finally refuted, Phil Schiller’s Macworld keynote address today will likely be quite a bit less somber than it was shaping up to be.
Certainly, the Macworld audience will be in a more jovial mood now that the morbid undercurrent that might otherwise have darkened the event has been dispersed. Schiller too. Now he need not worry about the audience’s preoccupation with Jobs’s health, but just about filling the Apple CEO’s considerable keynote shoes.
And that’s probably far more disconcerting.
Perhaps, Jobs will make a cameo appearance via iChat and help him out a bit.
A few minutes after 9 a.m. and Schiller takes the stage before a packed audience. Cheers all around. Schiller doesn’t bring the same Houdini-esque gravitas that seems to surround Steve Jobs, but the audience welcomes him just the same. Clearly, everyone’s eager to hear what he has to say. And wondering if he has a rabbit or two to pull from the Apple R&D hat.
An appreciative Schiller welcomes the crowd and thanks everyone for showing up. He says it’s an incredibly exciting time for Apple, and offers a quick overview of company’s newest retail stores. A handful of product announcements follow. Click on the links below for the rest of our coverage:
- Macworld ’09: All About the Mac, iLife ’09, Faces and Places
- Macworld ’09: iMovie ’09
- Macworld ’09: Garageband “Learn to Play,” “Artist Lessons”
- Macworld ’09: iWork ’09, iWork.com
- Macworld ’09: 17-inch MacBook Pro With 8-Hour Battery
- Macworld ’09: One Last Thing–DRM-Free iTunes Plus, 3G iTunes and Tony Bennett
- Macworld 2009: Live and in Living Color [PHOTO SLIDESHOW]
- Macworld ’09: Not With a Bang, But an Update to iWork