Palm Resumed Smartphone Production Last Week
With Chinese New Year celebrations finished, Palm’s manufacturing partners in China are once again producing webOS smartphones after a temporary shutdown in observance of the holiday.
Sources close to Palm (PALM) tell me production resumed last week–on Feb. 22 to be exact. Ironically, that was right before the company warned that lousy sales of the Pixi and Pre and their “plus” variations would cause a revenue shortfall in the current quarter and in fiscal 2010.
- Palm’s Salvation? Less Push, More Pull.
- Double Face-Palm: Analysts React to Palm’s Lowered Guidance
- And if Palm’s Project JumpStart Doesn’t Work Out, There’s Always “Project Defibrillator”
- Time to Start Looking for a Buyer, Palm?
- Palm Shorts Celebrating Chinese New Years in Style Thanks to OTR Global Report