Objection: Mr. Ellison Is Referring to the Defendant as “Choleric of Temper” Again
Beginning today, Oracle chief Larry Ellison has a new podium from which to verbally assault SAP and former CEO (and current Hewlett-Packard CEO) Léo Apotheker: U.S. District Court in Oakland, Calif.
Ellison is scheduled to take the stand in his company’s ongoing legal battle with SAP today, and if his testimony is anything like the press releases and letters to the editor he’s been broadcasting about the case the past few months, the software firm’s ears will bleed before he’s through. Unless its legal team somehow manages to keep him from turning the witness stand into a bully pulpit, a difficult task given Ellison’s mercurial manner and “Art of War”-style tactical thinking.
Handling Ellison’s direct examination is David Boies, Oracle’s lead litigator in the case.
- Oracle Lands Early Shots in SAP Trial
- Your Honor, We Object to Mr. Ellison’s Repeated Use of the Term “Slimy Weasels”
- Oracle to HP CEO: Chicken!
- Oracle Vs. SAP: We Got a Right to Pick a Little Fight–Bonanza!
- SAP’s Tab in Oracle Case: $120 Million and Counting
- Gag Order Denied in Oracle, SAP Trial
- Ellison Taunts HP CEO a Second Time
- SAP to Ellison: Save the Drama for Your Mama
- Ellison to HP CEO: “Warrior, Come Out to Plaaeeay!
- SAP: Please Gag Oracle
- HP Scandal Sucks in New York Times Columnist Over Conflict of Interest
- Welch to HP Board: You Don’t Know Jack!
- Insiders Criticize Ellison For HP CEO Slam
- Was Apotheker HP’s First Choice of CEO?
- HP Names Ex-SAP Chief Apotheker as CEO