SAP Co-CEO Expected to Testify in Oracle Trial Today
Oracle may not get former SAP CEO Léo Apotheker on the stand in its trial against its Teutonic archrival, but it will get a shot at its current executive leadership. SAP co-CEO Bill McDermott is expected to testify as a witness for the defense today, if Oracle concludes its case, as the company’s legal team indicated last Friday.
SAP tapped McDermott as co-CEO earlier this year, but he’s been on the company’s executive board since 2008 and was serving as CEO of SAP America when SAP acquired TomorrowNow. Ironically, one of his first acts as co-CEO was to scrap an internal program examining SAP’s corporate values.
“Companies that are too internally focused are sick,” McDermott said at the time. “There’s nothing healthy about being obsessed with your own internal nonsense. If there was a project that built bureaucracy into the company or required people to think about our internal stuff, we’ve killed those projects.”
- HP to Oracle: Leave Léo Alone
- Oracle Still Hoping to Snag HP’s Apotheker for SAP Trial
- HP CEO to Oracle: Here’s Looking at You, Kid–Suntory Time!
- Ellison to Self: Damn, Damn. I Knew I Should Have Said $4.5 Billion
- SAP Attorney: Board Knew TomorrowNow Was Infringing at Time of Acquisition
- Oracle Co-President on SAP’s Damages Offer: “It’s Crazy”
- Oracle Enlists Process Servers, Not PIs, to Find HP CEO
- Oracle-SAP Trial: Ellison Swaps Katana for Poison Darts
- Objection: Mr. Ellison Is Referring to the Defendant as “Choleric of Temper” Again
- Oracle Lands Early Shots in SAP Trial
- Your Honor, We Object to Mr. Ellison’s Repeated Use of the Term “Slimy Weasels”
- Oracle to HP CEO: Chicken!
- Oracle Vs. SAP: We Got a Right to Pick a Little Fight–Bonanza!
- SAP’s Tab in Oracle Case: $120 Million and Counting
- Gag Order Denied in Oracle, SAP Trial
- Ellison Taunts HP CEO a Second Time
- SAP to Ellison: Save the Drama for Your Mama
- Ellison to HP CEO: “Warrior, Come Out to Plaaeeay!
- SAP: Please Gag Oracle
- HP Scandal Sucks in New York Times Columnist Over Conflict of Interest
- Welch to HP Board: You Don’t Know Jack!
- Insiders Criticize Ellison For HP CEO Slam
- Was Apotheker HP’s First Choice of CEO?
- HP Names Ex-SAP Chief Apotheker as CEO