By the Numbers: Goldman Sachs Buddies Up With Facebook
Goldman Sachs is leading a new yet-to-be-completed investment into Facebook, according to a report by the New York Times’ Dealbook tonight.
Here are the key numbers:
- $500 million=Total amount of investment, mostly from Goldman Sachs, with $50 million from Digital Sky Technologies
- $50 billion=Valuation for the new deal. The market value
for the social networking powerhouse has been growing quickly, most recently at $42.4 billion according to SharesPost, or as much as $56 billion according to some other secondary market transactions.
- $75 million=Portion of Goldman stake that it can sell to DST, under the terms of the deal
- $1.5 billion=Amount Goldman would be entitled to raise from high-net worth clients through a “special purpose vehicle” to buy Facebook shares
- $15 billion=Estimated paper net worth of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg after the new valuation
- Priceless=The golden opportunity to take Facebook public
Please see the disclosure about Facebook in my ethics statement.