Funny, an "Analyst" on the Next Bar Stool Told Me the Same Thing
Verizon’s long-awaited iPhone announcement has really pushed the Apple analyst community into making some (cough) risky proclamations. First, it told us 2011 will be a big year for the iPhone. Now, it’s claiming Verizon will put some marketing muscle behind the device.
“Our checks with industry sources indicate that Verizon will put heavy promotion behind the iPhone, likely ahead of its other platforms including Android,” Kaufman Bros. analyst Shaw Wu says.
I’d say that’s a safe bet, given the amount of effort that Verizon put into the deal and the obviously high expectations for it. Indeed, as Wu himself notes, the carrier is already touting the iPhone 4 as a flagship product on its Web site. And it’s given it a snappy little tagline that’s well suited for an (inevitable) ad campaign: “The phone that changed everything. Coming to America’s most reliable network.”
- Verizon iPhone Will “Suck The Wind Out of Android’s Growth”
- Analysts Go Out on Limb, Predict Verizon iPhone Will Be Big for Apple
- AT&T: Verizon iPhone? Whatever.
- Verizon iPhone: What, AT&T Worry?
- Why Verizon’s iPhone Won’t Be So Bad for RIM
- How Might the Verizon iPhone Differ From the iPhone 4 (Besides Being Able to Make Calls)?
- Tired: Speculating About Verizon iPhone. Wired: Speculating About Verizon iPhone Sales.
- Verizon iPhone to Debut With Unlimited Data Plan
- Apple CEO Likely to Appear at Verizon iPhone Event
- Verizon Event Set for Tuesday–iPhone Time