Jon Stewart Wants a Shot At IBM's Watson, but What About SNL?
When I first started paying attention to the whole man vs. computer matchup on “Jeopardy,” I wondered if the whole thing would penetrate the popular culture. Obviously I was wrong to wonder. Of course it did. Jon Stewart devoted part of his opening monologue to Watson on “The Daily Show” last night. Some laughter ensued.
Not bad, but I’m certain I’m not the only one hoping that somehow “Saturday Night Live” gets in on the action by reviving its old “Celebrity Jeopardy” sketch from a few seasons back. Perhaps Sean Connery could hack Watson’s programming? You know what would happen.
- Done With Silly Game Shows, IBM’s Watson Finds a Job
- All Humans Bow Before the Mighty Watson, Master of “Jeopardy”
- IBM “Jeopardy” Challenge Day 2: Very Different From Day One
- IBM “Jeopardy” Challenge Day One Ends in a Tie
- That Human Vs. Machine Practice Round of “Jeopardy” Didn’t End the Way You Heard It Did
- “Final Jeopardy” Question: Would You Buy an E-Book Without an Ending?
- This Supercomputer Defeated Human Champions of a TV Game Show in 2011
- I’ll Take Computer Company PR Stunts for $1,000,000