Viral Video: Like Palm’s Creepy Naked Lady, TouchPad’s Floating Celeb Heads Get the HP Boot
The latest advertising for Hewlett-Packard’s TouchPad is kind of cool, especially compared to the old spots for its webOS cousin, the Palm Pre, that featured the creepy naked lady.
(I still have nightmares that she is going to appear at the end of my bed in the middle of the night and stab me to death with a Pixi.)
In any case, TouchPad’s recent celebrity spokesmodels — comedian Russell Brand and “Glee” diva Lea Michele — are now presumably out of a job flacking the now-defunct tablet device. HP said yesterday that it had decided to stop making them.
Here are the videos of their ads, as well as a few more Brand did for HP about the TouchPad. And, just to remind you of the horror, I also added the creepy naked lady ad, in which she freakishly recounts a weird juggling story.
- Hewlett-Packard Says Goodbye to PCs, webOS
- HP Pulls Plug on webOS Hardware, Leaves OS Future in Doubt
- HP And webOS: But They Seemed So Happy Together!
- Liveblogging HP’s “Everything Including the Kitchen Sink” Conference Call
- HP’s Apotheker: We Struck Out with WebOS, but Maybe Someone Else Wants a Swing?
- Viral Video: Like Palm’s Creepy Naked Lady, TouchPad’s Floating Celeb Heads Get the HP Boot
- Licensing webOS May Not Be Much of an Option for HP
- Hewlett-Packard’s PC Business: What Happens Next?
- Worth More Dead Than Alive: Could HP Turn a Profit on Palm’s Patents?
- With HP’s Raising of the World’s Biggest White Flag, Will Jon Rubinstein and Todd Bradley Surrender Too?