Tim Cook: Apple Will Continue to Make the Best Products in the World
Today is Tim Cook’s first as CEO of Apple, and he kicked it off with a companywide email assuring employees that Apple under his leadership will be much the same as it was under Steve Jobs. “Apple is not going to change,” he wrote.
Below, the full text of the letter, whose authenticity we have verified. It was first published by Ars Technica.
I am looking forward to the amazing opportunity of serving as CEO of the most innovative company in the world. Joining Apple was the best decision I’ve ever made and it’s been the privilege of a lifetime to work for Apple and Steve for over 13 years. I share Steve’s optimism for Apple’s bright future.
Steve has been an incredible leader and mentor to me, as well as to the entire executive team and our amazing employees. We are really looking forward to Steve’s ongoing guidance and inspiration as our Chairman.
I want you to be confident that Apple is not going to change. I cherish and celebrate Apple’s unique principles and values. Steve built a company and culture that is unlike any other in the world and we are going to stay true to that—it is in our DNA. We are going to continue to make the best products in the world that delight our customers and make our employees incredibly proud of what they do.
I love Apple and I am looking forward to diving into my new role. All of the incredible support from the Board, the executive team and many of you has been inspiring. I am confident our best years lie ahead of us and that together we will continue to make Apple the magical place that it is.
- Steve Jobs Resigns as CEO of Apple; Cook Takes Reins
- Steve Jobs’s Resignation Letter: “I Have Made Some of the Best Friends of My Life at Apple.”
- Apple Stock Falls After Jobs Announcement
- Steve Jobs Live on Stage in 2010 (Video)
- Tim Cook as Apple CEO: A Tested and Steady Hand
- Essay: Jobs’s Departure as CEO of Apple Is the End of an Extraordinary Era
- What Happens Next at Apple?
- Mossberg on Jobs (Video)
- Analysts Confident in Apple’s Prospects
- Apple Shares Bounce Back
- Tim Cook: Apple Will Continue to Make the Best Products in the World
- Does Tim Cook Need His Own Tim Cook?