Carol Bartz’s Last F%*& You — Now Aimed at Yahoo Board
Here is the email that Carol Bartz, who has just been ousted at Yahoo, sent to the entire staff of the Silicon Valley giant.
It is, like her, a doozy, titled simply as “Goodbye”:
From: “Carol Bartz”
I am very sad to tell you that I’ve just been fired over the phone by Yahoo’s Chairman of the Board. It has been my pleasure to work with all of you and I wish you only the best going forward.
The best detail she lays out there is a slap to Yahoo Chairman Roy Bostock: By phone.
But, as usual with her, it is a little more complex than that.
Bartz was apparently on a plane today on the East coast, as was Bostock coming West, so there was no chance to meet in person. As is her tough-as-nails nature, she went for the dig anyway.
No more need be said, I think, except that she has been the gift that keeps on giving for the press.
Actually, mostly me. So, thanks, Carol, for the parting shot.
- As Yahoo Continues to Wobble, Investors (And Board) Eye Options
- Exclusive: Carol Bartz Out at Yahoo; CFO Tim Morse Named Interim CEO
- Carol Bartz’s Last F%*& You — Now Aimed at Yahoo Board
- Yahoo’s Statement on Bartz Ouster
- Wall Street Likes Bartz’s Firing — Yahoo Stock Spikes on News
- My Picks for Yahoo’s Next CEO — Maybe Snoop Dogg, Ya Digg?