Wall Street Likes Bartz’s Firing — Yahoo Stock Spikes on News
Yahoo shares are up more than six percent in after-hours trading, as news of the firing of its troubled CEO Carol Bartz got out (from here, actually).
The stock is at $13.72, up 81 cents so far, as you can see below. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow when the markets open.
Bartz and the company confirmed (she in a feisty email) it had let her go after the veteran tech exec could not seem to turn around the Silicon Valley Internet giant.
- As Yahoo Continues to Wobble, Investors (And Board) Eye Options
- Exclusive: Carol Bartz Out at Yahoo; CFO Tim Morse Named Interim CEO
- Carol Bartz’s Last F%*& You — Now Aimed at Yahoo Board
- Yahoo’s Statement on Bartz Ouster
- Wall Street Likes Bartz’s Firing — Yahoo Stock Spikes on News
- My Picks for Yahoo’s Next CEO — Maybe Snoop Dogg, Ya Digg?