Boys and Their Toys: Developers Rush to Get Windows 8 Tablets
Now, mind you, there is always a rush by techies to get their hands on the latest gear, especially if it is a freebie.
Even with that in mind, though, the scene in Anaheim was pretty spectacular on Tuesday, as Build conference attendees flocked to the expo hall where Microsoft was passing out the promised Samsung Windows 8 tablets.
Fortunately, AllThingsD was on hand to capture the insanity (and managed to make it out unscathed).
New this year were the tax forms that attendees had to fill out to get the giveaway. Of course, there was time in line to fill out the forms for Uncle Sam (or other tax authorities for international attendees).
To its credit, Microsoft had lots of staff on hand, and the whole affair seemed to go without incident, despite the throngs.
- Exclusive: Making Sense of Our First Look at Windows 8
- Windows 8 Gets Ready for Its Big Debut
- Gearing Up for Microsoft’s Big Week
- Microsoft Details Windows 8 at Build Conference in Anaheim
- What We Just Learned About Windows 8
- Microsoft Releases First Test Version of Windows 8
- Windows 8 Forces Some Compromises After All
- Boys and Their Toys: Developers Rush to Get Windows 8 Tablets
- Windows 8 Shows Its Server Side
- Ballmer: 500,000 Downloads of Windows 8 Since Last Night