Facebook Has 845 Million Users, Each Worth $4.39 in Revenue
Please see the disclosure about Facebook in my ethics statement.
With $3.71 billion in revenue spread across 2011’s users, that gives a rough total of $4.39 in revenue per user per year.
Some 483 million Facebook users visited the service daily in December 2011, which was up 48 percent year over year.
That’s a bunch of numbers to throw out at once, but you’ll note that Facebook daily user growth is outpacing monthly user growth — meaning the service is getting stickier.
In its early days, Facebook had given public user count milestones for at least every 50 million new users. In recent years those updates had stopped, with Facebook saying it wanted to focus more on engagement.
Today’s 845 million count is on track, but not necessarily ahead of projections based on Facebook’s previous public user count milestones. The last one was 800 million in September.
The chart pictured above comes from iCrossing, which recently estimated that Facebook would have one billion users as of August 2012 if current growth patterns continue.
- In Its First Acquisition as a Public Company, Facebook Buys Social Gifting App Karma
- Zynga’s Stock Tanks After Facebook Fails to Pop
- The Price Is Right: Facebook Closes Near Opening Price
- And We’re Off! Facebook Shares Hit the Nasdaq at a Slight Increase Before Settling Back.
- Hear That?
- $$FB$$ Has Arrived: So Now What?
- Facebook Cheers On Mark Zuckerberg. Wall Street Gets Its Chance Soon.
- The Verdict Is In: Facebook Share Price Set at $38
- How Will Facebook’s Zuckerberg Adapt to Working in the Public Eye?
- Facebook IPO Halo Boosts Social Media Stocks
- How Will Facebook Ring in the IPO? With a Hackathon, Of Course.
- What to Expect When Facebook Is Expecting: Five Predictions for Facebook’s First Public Year
- Facebook Is Still Figuring It Out. Will Advertisers and Investors Wait Around?
- Investors Told Facebook IPO Will Be in $34 to $38 Price Range
- Facebook Roadshow Bloopers (Comic)
- Facebook’s Latest S-1 Amendment: Yep, We’re Still Weak on Mobile
- $FB Is a Buy, Analysts Say
- Facebook’s Road Show Kicks Off Electronically With Zuckerberg in a T-Shirt (Video)
- After Public Offering, Mark Zuckerberg Will Still Control More Than Half of Facebook
- Facebook IPO Docs Could Get Approval This Week, Followed by Road Show With Zuckerberg (No Guarantee on Tie)
- Updated S-1: Facebook’s Yearly Revenue Growth Up 45 Percent, But Down Six Percent From Last Quarter
- SecondMarket Lays Off 10 Percent in Light of Facebook IPO
- SEC Cracks Down on Firms Trading Facebook Pre-IPO Shares
- Tidbits From the Facebook IPO Filing: I’ll Have What SV VCs Marc Andreessen and Jim Breyer Are Having!
- During the IPO Quiet Period, Please Enjoy the D Stylings of Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg (Video)
- Facebook’s Ad Business Is a $3 Billion Mystery
- Viral Video: Farewell to the No-IPO Mark Zuckerberg
- Zuckerberg Is the Billion-Share Man: Who Owns What, Who Makes What in the Facebook IPO
- Zuckerberg Tells Investors, “We Don’t Build Services to Make Money”
- Mobile Highlighted as Key Risk Factor (and Opportunity) in Facebook Filing
- Stop All That Poking: Facebook Filing Temporarily Crashes SEC Web Site
- Zynga Accounted for 12 Percent of Facebook’s Revenue in 2011
- Facebook Has 845 Million Users
- On Its Eighth Birthday, Facebook Files to Raise $5 Billion in Massive IPO (Get Your S-1 Here!)
- Go the F**k Back to Sleep, Silicon Valley: Facebook IPO Likely to File Later Today at Earliest
- Dude, Where’s My Facebook IPO Filing? (Ashton’s on Hold!)
- The Quiet Man: Meet the Less-Known Face of the Facebook IPO, CFO David Ebersman
- Facebook Board Meeting Today for Final IPO Okays
- Facebook (Eye)PO: Tracking the Truth of the Biggest Deal of Web 2.0
- Viral Graphic: Visualizing the Facebook IPO
- Is Facebook IPO on Track for Late May?
- IPO Watch: Facebook Hiring Brunswick to Help With Comms for Expected Public Offering
- Complete Facebook coverage