Stop All That Poking: Facebook Filing Temporarily Crashes SEC Web Site
Apparently, Facebook has a lot of friends.
Clickety-clicking ones, whose massive interest in the just-filed IPO of the Silicon Valley social networking giant seems to have temporarily crashed the Securities and Exchange Commission’s EDGAR Web site, where anyone can access regulatory documents on companies.
We’re calling the SEC for comment right now, but the site is still hanging, and sources said the reason is the Facebook initial public offering filing.
Update: It’s back up! Though slow. Still, go government!
Another Update: The SEC got back to us and in response to the question of whether this was related to a Facebook surge, spokesman John Nester said, “Greatly increased traffic that began shortly before 5 pm slowed the public website. We are bringing on additional capacity to handle the load.”
- In Its First Acquisition as a Public Company, Facebook Buys Social Gifting App Karma
- Zynga’s Stock Tanks After Facebook Fails to Pop
- The Price Is Right: Facebook Closes Near Opening Price
- And We’re Off! Facebook Shares Hit the Nasdaq at a Slight Increase Before Settling Back.
- Hear That?
- $$FB$$ Has Arrived: So Now What?
- Facebook Cheers On Mark Zuckerberg. Wall Street Gets Its Chance Soon.
- The Verdict Is In: Facebook Share Price Set at $38
- How Will Facebook’s Zuckerberg Adapt to Working in the Public Eye?
- Facebook IPO Halo Boosts Social Media Stocks
- How Will Facebook Ring in the IPO? With a Hackathon, Of Course.
- What to Expect When Facebook Is Expecting: Five Predictions for Facebook’s First Public Year
- Facebook Is Still Figuring It Out. Will Advertisers and Investors Wait Around?
- Investors Told Facebook IPO Will Be in $34 to $38 Price Range
- Facebook Roadshow Bloopers (Comic)
- Facebook’s Latest S-1 Amendment: Yep, We’re Still Weak on Mobile
- $FB Is a Buy, Analysts Say
- Facebook’s Road Show Kicks Off Electronically With Zuckerberg in a T-Shirt (Video)
- After Public Offering, Mark Zuckerberg Will Still Control More Than Half of Facebook
- Facebook IPO Docs Could Get Approval This Week, Followed by Road Show With Zuckerberg (No Guarantee on Tie)
- Updated S-1: Facebook’s Yearly Revenue Growth Up 45 Percent, But Down Six Percent From Last Quarter
- SecondMarket Lays Off 10 Percent in Light of Facebook IPO
- SEC Cracks Down on Firms Trading Facebook Pre-IPO Shares
- Tidbits From the Facebook IPO Filing: I’ll Have What SV VCs Marc Andreessen and Jim Breyer Are Having!
- During the IPO Quiet Period, Please Enjoy the D Stylings of Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg (Video)
- Facebook’s Ad Business Is a $3 Billion Mystery
- Viral Video: Farewell to the No-IPO Mark Zuckerberg
- Zuckerberg Is the Billion-Share Man: Who Owns What, Who Makes What in the Facebook IPO
- Zuckerberg Tells Investors, “We Don’t Build Services to Make Money”
- Mobile Highlighted as Key Risk Factor (and Opportunity) in Facebook Filing
- Stop All That Poking: Facebook Filing Temporarily Crashes SEC Web Site
- Zynga Accounted for 12 Percent of Facebook’s Revenue in 2011
- Facebook Has 845 Million Users
- On Its Eighth Birthday, Facebook Files to Raise $5 Billion in Massive IPO (Get Your S-1 Here!)
- Go the F**k Back to Sleep, Silicon Valley: Facebook IPO Likely to File Later Today at Earliest
- Dude, Where’s My Facebook IPO Filing? (Ashton’s on Hold!)
- The Quiet Man: Meet the Less-Known Face of the Facebook IPO, CFO David Ebersman
- Facebook Board Meeting Today for Final IPO Okays
- Facebook (Eye)PO: Tracking the Truth of the Biggest Deal of Web 2.0
- Viral Graphic: Visualizing the Facebook IPO
- Is Facebook IPO on Track for Late May?
- IPO Watch: Facebook Hiring Brunswick to Help With Comms for Expected Public Offering
- Complete Facebook coverage