Geek in the Heart of Texas: AllThingsD at SXSW 2012
Round-trip flights from San Francisco to Austin on Southwest Airlines this week currently cost $838.
And hotel rooms — if you can find them — are also pricier than ever.
While that’s not even slightly scientific, it looks like 2012’s SXSW Interactive might be pretty busy this year.
And AllThingsD staff will be there, including Walt Mossberg and Katherine Boehret.
So, in case you’re attending the Texas event for the content and not just the free drinks, there are a lot of official sessions where our staffers will be appearing.
We’ll also be having a couple small social events and making some exciting announcements, too. Best of all, we might even have a fresh shipment of ATD temporary tattoos.
Here is a rundown, although you can also find us hanging by a taco truck at 2 am:
Friday, March 9, 2 pm
“Wireless Wellness: App-tastic or Just Fun & Games?”
Austin Convention Center
Friday, March 9, 3:30 pm
“Serendipity (n.): A Happy Discovery By Accident (StumbleUpon interview)”
Sunday, March 11, 5 pm
“Network Effect: Building a Business Around Sharing (Dropbox interview)”
Austin Convention Center
Monday, March 12, 11 am
“Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Backwards in Heels”
Hilton Austin Downtown
Tuesday, March 13, 5 pm
“From Leather to Smartphone: The Wallet Evolves”
Hilton Garden Inn
- The Homeless Defend Becoming Hotspots
- Pinterest CEO Ben Silbermann’s Lesson for Start-Ups: Go Your Own Way
- The Best and Weirdest Requests and Errands at SXSW From Zaarly, TaskRabbit and Others
- Al Gore and Sean Parker Blame TV and Money for Ruining Politics, and Say Social Media Ought to Fix It
- Letters From SXSW: How to Be “Disruptive”
- SXSW News: Jerry Levin’s StartUp Health Academy for Entrepreneurs Announces First Class
- The Best (And Worst) Marketing Gimmick in Austin
- Forget Cleantech — It’s Cleanweb at SXSW
- Houston Comes to Austin as Kara Swisher Talks Lessons Learned with Dropbox CEO
- After Nearly Doubling Its Userbase in Three Months, Instagram Will Finally Come to Android
- The Power of Power at South By Southwest
- How Jimmy Fallon Uses the Nike FuelBand (It’s Naughty, Of Course)
- Gawker Will Deputize Commenters, Says Sheriff Nick Denton
- Microsoft’s Danah Boyd: Social Media Makes the World More Fearful
- Etsy CEO on Building a Lean Start-Up: Deploy, Deploy, Deploy
- South By Southwest Parties On, Despite the Rain
- At SXSW, Joi Ito Invites Tech Entrepreneurs Into the MIT Media Lab
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry Drops In on South By Southwest
- Can Playing More Games Make Your Life “SuperBetter”? Jane McGonigal Thinks So.
- Google’s Vic Gundotra on Why Plus Isn’t a Minus
- Rain Douses Austin as Crowds Flood Into SXSW
- Checking In and Checking Out South by Southwest
- SXSW Serendipity Gets Yet Another Helper: Kismet
- The Essential SXSW Tech Tool Kit
- Geek in the Heart of Texas: AllThingsD at SXSW 2012