A Brief Hands-On With Apple’s New iPad (Video)
The new iPad doesn’t go on sale until next week, but Apple did allow reporters a brief chance to play around with the tablet after the unveiling event on Wednesday.
Visually, the new iPad looks remarkably like its predecessor, although it is a tad thicker. The most visible difference is its much sharper Retina display, while other under-the-hood improvements include a faster processor, improved camera and support for 4G LTE networks such as those from Verizon and AT&T.
On the software side, iPhoto joins updated versions of GarageBand and iMovie, as well as iWork, as options for the iPad and iPhone.
Of course, Walt Mossberg will be testing and reviewing the new iPad. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, here’s a quick video look at the new tablet:
- Verizon, AT&T Get to Duke It Out Over 4G iPad; Sprint, T-Mobile Stuck on Sidelines
- A Brief Hands-On With Apple’s New iPad (Video)
- Here’s What a Netflix-Cable Deal Could Look Like: The One That Netflix Just Announced With Apple
- Here’s the New iPad
- Post-PC Apple, By the Numbers
- HBO Deals Keep Fox, Universal Out of New iCloud Movie Service
- Apple Introduces LTE-Equipped iPad, Updates Apple TV
- What to Watch For at Apple’s Event, Besides That New iPad
- Complete Apple coverage