Yahoo’s Thompson Asks Employees to “Stay Focused” — Except Not on Him
Of course, the Yahoo internal memo for the Yahoo internal crisis of the week!
Here is CEO Scott Thompson’s email today to employees about the controversy around the fact that he does not have a computer science degree, as described in his bio in Yahoo’s regulatory filings.
Oh, just read it:
From: Scott Thompson
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 4:03 PM
Subject: Staying Focused
I am sure you have seen the reports of questions raised regarding my undergraduate degree. As we said yesterday, the board is reviewing the matter and, upon completion of its review, will make an appropriate disclosure to shareholders. In the meantime, I’m doing what I hope all of you are doing — staying focused on our customers, our shareholders, our team and moving Yahoo! forward, fast.
- Yahoo’s Parting With Thompson Will Be for “Cause” (a.k.a. CSLie)
- Ross Levinsohn’s Yahoo Plan: Back to the Future
- Here’s New Yahoo CEO’s First Note to Troops! (The Leaking-Internal-Memos-to-ATD Policy Remains in Effect As Usual)
- Yahoo Officially Confirms ATD Report on CEO Changes and Proxy Settlement
- Meet the Man I Call “The Hair”: The Video Stylings of Yahoo’s Newest CEO Ross Levinsohn
- Will Thompson’s Ouster Mean a Yahoo-Facebook Patent Settlement Too?
- Exclusive: Yahoo’s Thompson Out; Levinsohn In; Board Settlement With Loeb Nears Completion
- Heidrick & Struggles Slaps Back at Thompson’s Yahoo in Blame Game Over ResuMess
- Is He In or Is He Out? Crunchtime for Scott Thompson at Yahoo.
- Not So Scott Free? Yahoo’s Other Big Shareholder — Cap Re — Leaning Toward Supporting Loeb Over Thompson ResuMess.
- Tech Nation’s Gunn Says She and Yahoo CEO Discussed Their CS Degrees Before 2009 Show (Video and Audio)
- Loeb Calls Again for Thompson Firing From Yahoo, as Former eBay Boss Supports Him
- Place Your Bets: Will Loeb Drop Another Bomb on Yahoo at Vegas Confab Later Today?
- Exclusive: Yahoo Director in Charge of Botched CEO Vetting to Step Down From Board
- CEO Says Sorry to Yahoos for Borked Bio “Distraction” — But Will Mea Culpa Work Without an Apology for Error? (Memo)
- Buffett Comments on Trust Issue in Yahoo CEO BioGate: “You’ve Got a Problem”
- Loeb Lobs Lawsuit, as Expected, at Yahoo’s Borked Bio Mess
- As Yahoo CEO Reaches Out to Top Staff, Board Meets to Weigh “Options” (I.E., Deciding Who Gets to Take the Borked Bio Blame)
- Yahoo Should Expect Incoming Lawsuit Lobbed by Loeb Tomorrow on CEO Hiring
- They Shoot Yahoo CEOs, Don’t They? But Not Without a Really Smoking Gun and a Much Stronger Board.
- Yahoo’s Thompson Asks Employees to “Stay Focused” — Except Not on Him
- In 2009 Interview, Yahoo CEO Does Not Deny He Has a CS Degree, and Calls Himself an “Engineer” (Audio)
- Yahoo’s Board Will “Review” Resume Discrepancy of CEO
- How Did a Phantom CS Degree Get on CEO’s Bio in SEC Filings? Yahoo’s Not Saying.
- Yahoo’s Response on CEO’s Computer Science ResumeGate: “Inadvertent Error”
- Dan Loeb Alleges “Discrepancies” on Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson’s Resume Related to Computer Science Degree