Meet the Man I Call “The Hair”: The Video Stylings of Yahoo’s Newest CEO Ross Levinsohn
Over the many years I have covered Yahoo’s expected new interim CEO Ross Levinsohn, I have done several video interviews with him.
And, for my own amusement, I also have nicknamed him “The Hair,” due to his very impressive mane.
We’ll see how impressive the longtime digital media exec will be now that Levinsohn has become the latest head of the Silicon Valley Internet giant.
His job is only interim for now, but in selecting him, the Yahoo board is opting for a more media-centric approach.
Among his claims to fame: He was president of News Corp.’s Fox Interactive Media, where he bought the then-soaring Myspace social networking site. Levinsohn managed to get Google to fork over more than double its price in advertising guarantees and luckily left the company before it went off the rails.
He was also an exec at AltaVista, an early search pioneer, and was head of content and development at CBS Sportsline. Levinsohn also dabbled in investing at Fuse Capital, with current News Corp. digital head Jon Miller focused on digital media and communications companies.
When he was at Fuse, ironically, Levinsohn and Miller were also raised as possible board members by Carl Icahn, who has conducting a different proxy fight against Yahoo.
In the latest fighting, at least, Levinsohn appears the victor.
I also added a recent mockumentary video that Levinsohn for Yahoo’s recent Newfront media presentations in New York, which is pretty funny (and, in Carol Bartz channeling, Levinson curses at the end!):
- Yahoo’s Parting With Thompson Will Be for “Cause” (a.k.a. CSLie)
- Ross Levinsohn’s Yahoo Plan: Back to the Future
- Here’s New Yahoo CEO’s First Note to Troops! (The Leaking-Internal-Memos-to-ATD Policy Remains in Effect As Usual)
- Yahoo Officially Confirms ATD Report on CEO Changes and Proxy Settlement
- Meet the Man I Call “The Hair”: The Video Stylings of Yahoo’s Newest CEO Ross Levinsohn
- Will Thompson’s Ouster Mean a Yahoo-Facebook Patent Settlement Too?
- Exclusive: Yahoo’s Thompson Out; Levinsohn In; Board Settlement With Loeb Nears Completion
- Heidrick & Struggles Slaps Back at Thompson’s Yahoo in Blame Game Over ResuMess
- Is He In or Is He Out? Crunchtime for Scott Thompson at Yahoo.
- Not So Scott Free? Yahoo’s Other Big Shareholder — Cap Re — Leaning Toward Supporting Loeb Over Thompson ResuMess.
- Tech Nation’s Gunn Says She and Yahoo CEO Discussed Their CS Degrees Before 2009 Show (Video and Audio)
- Loeb Calls Again for Thompson Firing From Yahoo, as Former eBay Boss Supports Him
- Place Your Bets: Will Loeb Drop Another Bomb on Yahoo at Vegas Confab Later Today?
- Exclusive: Yahoo Director in Charge of Botched CEO Vetting to Step Down From Board
- CEO Says Sorry to Yahoos for Borked Bio “Distraction” — But Will Mea Culpa Work Without an Apology for Error? (Memo)
- Buffett Comments on Trust Issue in Yahoo CEO BioGate: “You’ve Got a Problem”
- Loeb Lobs Lawsuit, as Expected, at Yahoo’s Borked Bio Mess
- As Yahoo CEO Reaches Out to Top Staff, Board Meets to Weigh “Options” (I.E., Deciding Who Gets to Take the Borked Bio Blame)
- Yahoo Should Expect Incoming Lawsuit Lobbed by Loeb Tomorrow on CEO Hiring
- They Shoot Yahoo CEOs, Don’t They? But Not Without a Really Smoking Gun and a Much Stronger Board.
- Yahoo’s Thompson Asks Employees to “Stay Focused” — Except Not on Him
- In 2009 Interview, Yahoo CEO Does Not Deny He Has a CS Degree, and Calls Himself an “Engineer” (Audio)
- Yahoo’s Board Will “Review” Resume Discrepancy of CEO
- How Did a Phantom CS Degree Get on CEO’s Bio in SEC Filings? Yahoo’s Not Saying.
- Yahoo’s Response on CEO’s Computer Science ResumeGate: “Inadvertent Error”
- Dan Loeb Alleges “Discrepancies” on Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson’s Resume Related to Computer Science Degree