100 Million iPads, 35 Billion Apps: Apple’s Big-Number Bullet List
Apple’s special events almost always begin with a quick overview of the company’s business, and today’s was no exception. As preface to the introduction of the iPad mini, the 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro and next-gen iMac and Mac Mini, Apple CEO Tim Cook touted the company’s success with a brief victory lap full of metrics and milestones. Below, a rundown of the numbers Cook reviewed.
- Apple has already sold 3 million new iPods since unveiling the latest updates to the line last month.
- 200 million devices have upgraded to iOS 6 since it became publicly available in mid-September.
- 125 million documents have been stored in iCloud.
- 300 billion iMessages have been sent to date and about 28,000 iMessages are sent every second.
- There are now 160 million Game Center acounts.
- 35 billion apps have been downloaded from the iTunes store.
- There are now 700,000 iOS apps available; 275,000 of them are iPad-specific.
- Apple has paid developers $6.5 billion to date.
- 70 million photos have been shared via iPhoto Photo Streams.
- There are currently 1.5 million books available in the iTunes Book Store.
- 400 million books have been downloaded since the store debuted.
- 2,500 U.S. classrooms are using iBooks textbooks.
- Apple has sold 100 million iPads since it launched the device two and a half years ago.
- 91 percent of tablet-generated Web traffic comes from the iPad.
- 94 percent of the Fortune 500 is testing or deploying the iPad.
- 100 Million iPads, 35 Billion Apps: Apple’s Big-Number Bullet List
- So What the Heck Is an Apple Fusion Drive Anyway?
- Apple’s iPad Mini Event, in Pictures
- A 30,000-Foot View of Apple’s iPad Mini Event (Literally)
- The iPad Mini Arrives
- Apple Unveils 13-Inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display, Next-Gen iMac
- Apple’s iBooks App Gets a Refresh
- Apple’s Mini Pitch: Just as Good as an iPad, Better Than Everything Else
- Apple’s Fall Bounty: A Smaller iPad, a 13-Inch MacBook Pro and iTunes 11
- Expect Apple to Price iPad Mini at the Top of Its Class
- iPad Mini a Fine Young Cannibal
- Here Comes the iPad Mini: Apple Announces October 23 Special Event