Ina Fried

Recent Posts by Ina Fried

Nokia Dangles Mobile Ad Exchange and Other Carrots to Lure More Developers

Nokia is announcing on Tuesday that it is setting up its own mobile ad exchange in an effort to allow developers to potentially make more money from Windows Phone apps.

andersphoto / Shutterstock.com

The Finnish phone giant is working with Israel’s Inneractive to create Nokia Ad Exchange (NAX), which officials say will enable access to 120 different ad networks across the globe, with the opportunity to gain revenue in more than 200 countries.

“It really is a single point for developers to monetize any app that they have or (to) promote other apps,” Nokia developer relations executive Richard Kerris said in an interview.

The other pitch Nokia is making is offering a greater-than-typical cut to developers, promising 75 percent to the app maker, with Nokia and Inneractive getting the remaining 25 percent.

In addition, Nokia is also offering developers a bunch of added benefits to those who take part in a new premier program. For $99, developers get membership in Microsoft’s Windows developer program, technical support and as much as $1,200 worth of real-time notifications, enough for 12 million API calls.


Latest Video

View all videos »

Search »

When AllThingsD began, we told readers we were aiming to present a fusion of new-media timeliness and energy with old-media standards for quality and ethics. And we hope you agree that we’ve done that.

— Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg, in their farewell D post