Apple Releases iOS 6.0.1, Fixes iPhone 5 Software Update Issues, Other Bugs
Today, Apple rolled out an update to iOS 6 to fix a number of bugs and improve performance on the mobile operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
One the biggest features of iOS 6.0.1 is a fix that will allow iPhone 5 users to install software updates over the air. IOS 6 currently prevents the smartphone from receiving updates wirelessly. As such, iPhone 5 owners will first need to download an iOS updater app before getting iOS 6.0.1.
The update also contains fixes for the following issues:
- A bug that displayed horizontal lines across the keyboard
- A Passcode Lock bug that allowed access to Passbook details from the lock screen
- Reliability issues with the iPhone 5 and fifth-generation iPod touch when connected to an encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi network
- A bug that prevented the camera flash from going off
- A bug affecting Exchange meetings
Users can download iOS 6.0.1 by going to the Settings menu on their devices, selecting General and then tapping on Software Update.