WordPress’s Matt Mullenweg Talks About Future of Blogging in a SXSW Pedicab
Yesterday, I did an interview session at the SXSW interactive festival in Austin with Matt Mullenweg, where we discussed the lofty topic of the future of blogging.
He’d know, as the founder of Automattic, the company behind the giant blog-hosting platform WordPress.com, which powers a lot of websites big and small (like this one, which is both!).
We talked about a lot of topics onstage, including the recent work-from-home debate (he’s for it), new trends in Web design and software, to-sell-or-not-to-sell, and, of course, the importance of mobile to the ecosystem.
Before the session, I did a little pre-interview video with the always affable entrepreneur as we rode through the streets of the Texas capital in a pedicab.
Here you go:
- How One Boring Company Pulled Off the Perfect SXSW Troll
- Attention SXSW Hipsters: Watch This Video and Get Some Much-Needed Help
- WordPress’s Matt Mullenweg Talks About Future of Blogging in a SXSW Pedicab
- Google’s Smack-Talking Shoe of South by Southwest
- Some More Inconvenient Truths (Including Spider Goats): Al Gore Talks About “The Future” at SXSW
- Moon Shot: Earthbound Investor Milner Talks About Origins of the Universe at SXSW
- People of South by Southwest — Please, Free Grumpy Cat
- MakerBot Unveils Desktop Scanner Prototype for Amateur 3-D Printing
- Ready, Set, Collaboratively Design a 3-D Printed Rocket
- This Year at SXSW, the Next Killer App … Maybe Isn’t
- Artificial Intelligence, Al Gore, Modern Blogging and More: Where to Find ATD at SXSW