Shaq’s Favorite Things at SXSW, and Why He Thinks Google Shoes Could Have Helped His Game (Video)
Former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal was an early investor in Twitter, and has amassed more than 6.8 million followers on the service.
Now, in collaboration with video-snippet-sharing site Tout, he’s looking for the next big thing in tech at SXSW.
I had the chance to sit down with Shaq — literally sit down, as my other option was to stand on a crate — in Austin yesterday, and got to chat with him about all things tech. Some interesting tidbits: He has never used an Android phone, he has spent $5,000 on apps in a single month, and his favorite home gadget isn’t that different from what non-NBA players might use. Also: He thinks Google Shoes could have helped his game.
Check out the video below for more:
- How One Boring Company Pulled Off the Perfect SXSW Troll
- Attention SXSW Hipsters: Watch This Video and Get Some Much-Needed Help
- WordPress’s Matt Mullenweg Talks About Future of Blogging in a SXSW Pedicab
- Google’s Smack-Talking Shoe of South by Southwest
- Some More Inconvenient Truths (Including Spider Goats): Al Gore Talks About “The Future” at SXSW
- Moon Shot: Earthbound Investor Milner Talks About Origins of the Universe at SXSW
- People of South by Southwest — Please, Free Grumpy Cat
- MakerBot Unveils Desktop Scanner Prototype for Amateur 3-D Printing
- Ready, Set, Collaboratively Design a 3-D Printed Rocket
- This Year at SXSW, the Next Killer App … Maybe Isn’t
- Artificial Intelligence, Al Gore, Modern Blogging and More: Where to Find ATD at SXSW