Elon Musk Shakes Off the Electric Car Naysayers (Video)
Say what you want about Tesla founder Elon Musk, but he’s certainly got gumption. Time and time again, the CEO has been willing to push back hard against smack talkers who don’t believe that he can bring electric vehicles to a mass-market audience.
“So many people called bullshit on [our car] the Model S it was ridiculous, but then we brought it to market,” Musk said in conversation at D: All Things Digital. “But then they said you’ll never make a profit, and then we did that. So I hope they will observe there is a trend here.” Next step, moving relatively low-cost vehicles at high volumes.
Watch Musk shake off the haters in the clip below.
- Tesla CEO and SpaceX Founder Elon Musk: The Full D11 Interview (Video)
- Elon Musk’s Plea to Internet Entrepreneurs: Do Something Different
- Elon Musk Shakes Off the Electric Car Naysayers (Video)
- Elon Musk Talks About His Falling Out With the ZuckerPAC
- What the Hell’s a Hyperloop?
- Elon Musk on Why Humans Should Set Up Shop on Mars: It’s a Fixer-Upper
- Musk: You’ll Be Able to Drive Your Tesla Cross-Country by Year’s End With Supercharger Expansion
- Musk: Mainstream Tesla Model 3-4 Years Out, Will Be 20 Percent Smaller Than Model S (Video)
- Tech Renaissance Man Elon Musk Talks Cars, Spaceships and Hyperloops at D11