Elon Musk’s Plea to Internet Entrepreneurs: Do Something Different
After Elon Musk left PayPal, he set his sights on hugely ambitious endeavors outside of the Internet space: Electric cars and space exploration.
Now he’d love to have Internet entrepreneurs follow his lead, he said on Wednesday evening at D11 during a conversation with Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg.
When Swisher mentioned the current perception that a lot of smart Internet entrepreneurs are spending time and money solving relatively small problems, the Tesla and SpaceX founder nodded in agreement.
“It’d be great if some of those people would go to other arenas that could use their talent,” Musk said.
Then Musk spoke directly to Silicon Valley. “I recommend that people consider arenas outside of the Internet because there’s a lot of industries that could use that entrepreneurial talent and the skills that people have learned in creating those companies.”
- Tesla CEO and SpaceX Founder Elon Musk: The Full D11 Interview (Video)
- Elon Musk’s Plea to Internet Entrepreneurs: Do Something Different
- Elon Musk Shakes Off the Electric Car Naysayers (Video)
- Elon Musk Talks About His Falling Out With the ZuckerPAC
- What the Hell’s a Hyperloop?
- Elon Musk on Why Humans Should Set Up Shop on Mars: It’s a Fixer-Upper
- Musk: You’ll Be Able to Drive Your Tesla Cross-Country by Year’s End With Supercharger Expansion
- Musk: Mainstream Tesla Model 3-4 Years Out, Will Be 20 Percent Smaller Than Model S (Video)
- Tech Renaissance Man Elon Musk Talks Cars, Spaceships and Hyperloops at D11