Apple’s New Mac Pro Will Ship in December
“Can’t innovate anymore, my ass,” Apple SVP of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller said when unveiling the company’s behemoth new Mac Pro in June. “This is, without a doubt, the future of the pro desktop.”
Is the new Mac Pro the showstopper machine that Apple claims? We’ll soon find out. During a special event in San Francisco on Tuesday, Schiller said the Mac Pro will ship in December — “before the end of the year,” he added. Price: $2,999.
“It’s a computer that packs an incredible amount of power into a chassis one-eighth the volume of the current Mac Pro,” Schiller said. “It’s got the fastest processor we’ve ever put in a Mac. … And it’s got the fastest memory we’ve ever put in a Mac, too … up to seven teraflops of computing power.”
Like Apple’s other hardware, the new Mac Pro is “environmentally friendly,” Schiller said. It will also be manufactured in the United States.
- How a Free OS Will Pay Off for Apple
- Liveblog and Photos: Apple Rolls Out New Gadgets, Keeps Same Strategy
- Apple’s iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini Event, in Pictures
- Apple Unveils a Mightier iPad Mini
- Well Helllooooo New iPad Air. Have You Done Something Different With Your Hair?
- iLife, iWork Get Refreshed for OS X Mavericks and iOS, Free With Purchase of New Device
- Apple Unveils the New Thinner, Lighter MacBook Pro
- Apple’s New Mac Pro Will Ship In December
- Apple’s New Mavericks OS X: Free. That’s Right, Free.
- What to Expect From Apple’s Fall iPad Event (Spoiler: New iPads!)
- Apple Announces October 22 Event: “We Still Have a Lot to Cover”
- Apple Will Hold Fall iPad Event on October 22
- Say Hello to Mavericks, Apple’s New OS X Software
- Apple Previews New Mac Pro With Cylindrical Design, Double the Power