D: All Things Digital will be held at the picturesque Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, just 30 miles south of Los Angeles.
Opened in 2009, Terranea is an exquisite Mediterranean-style resort located on a breathtaking stretch of Pacific coastline. With 102 beautifully landscaped acres, stunning ocean views, a host of fine dining options, a world-class spa, and a nine-hole golf course, Terranea offers an unforgettable resort experience.
The Terranea Resort is sold out. Here is a list of alternate hotels.
Conference Hotel Policies
For those attendees that have booked a room reservation at the Terranea via the D11 registration, these are the room policies.
Every year hotel rooms have sold out even faster than seats at the conference. To help meet the high demand, we have instituted a few important policies:
- Attendees who wish to stay at Terranea for the D11 conference will be required, at a minimum, to reserve their room for the nights of Tuesday, May 28 AND Wednesday, May 29, 2013. Exceptions to this policy will be made for Speakers only.
- Each attendee can reserve a maximum of two rooms, and rooms are subject to availability.
- Hotel reservations may be released prior to Friday, April 12, 2013 without penalty. After that date, you are responsible for all charges associated with reservations requested.
- Reservations must be guaranteed by credit card during the reservation process. Full room and tax for your entire stay, (including nights reserved prior to May 28 and after May 29) will be charged by The Wall Street Journal on Friday, April 12, 2013.
There will be no refunds after Friday, April 12, 2013.
- Any changes to your hotel reservation must be made through the D Housing and Registration Office, and not the Terranea Resort. If you have questions about Terranea or your room reservations, or are interested in booking a suite, please call the D Housing and Registration Office toll-free at 1.866.416.DWSJ (3975). Outside the United States, please call 650.574.DWSJ (3975).
Registration & Hotel Reservation Transfer Policy
Transfers and substitutions for Standard registration fees are accepted. However, discounted Charter Member registrations are not transferable. If you are a Charter registrant and cannot attend, your may transfer your registration to a colleague at the Standard registration rate.
To transfer your registration, please provide your request in writing and fax it to the Conference Registrar at 650.240.2222.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Conference registration fees are refundable, less a $500 service charge, until Friday, April 12, 2013. After that date, refunds will not be issued. To receive a refund, please provide your request in writing and fax it to the Conference Registrar at 650.240.2222.
If you would like more information or have questions about registering for D: All Things Digital, we are happy to help! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, toll-free at 1.866.416.DWSJ (3975) or outside the United States at 650.574.DWSJ (3975).
Poised along the spectacular Palos Verdes Peninsula, the Terranea Resort is 18 miles (approx 36 minutes) south of Los Angeles International Airport and 20 miles (38 minutes) northwest of the Long Beach Airport.
All major car rental companies serve both airports. Taxi fare will range from $60-$70 one way. The resort can arrange door-to-door shuttle service, car service and executive van service. Please contact them directly at 310.265.2800.
For driving directions to Terranea Resort, please click here.
The conference attire for all sessions and social events is business casual. A sweater or jacket is suggested for outdoor functions.
The southern California Pacific Coast enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate with over 300 days of sunshine per year. Summers are dry due to a semi-permanent high pressure system that sits in the Pacific Ocean and holds storm tracks well to the north. Warm air moving over the cool ocean in summer creates fog that moves in during the evening and early morning hours but almost always dissipates by midday.
The average year-round high temperature is 65°F (19°C). The average temperatures in late May and early June range from the low 70′s during the day to the high 50′s at night.