NEW YORK (April 28, 2010) — All Things Digital today announced the speaker lineup for the eighth annual D: All Things Digital, The Wall Street Journal’s executive conference to be held June 1-3 near Los Angeles.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs will be this year’s opening-night speaker, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will make his fourth appearance, and “Avatar” director James Cameron will appear onstage at D for the first time on the annual event’s second night.
Founded by co-producers Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher in 2003, the D conference is a gathering of the most influential figures in media and technology. Each year, Mossberg and Swisher put these top players to the test onstage during unrehearsed, unscripted conversations. The results are candid, entertaining sessions that provide glimpses into the strategies of the industry’s most creative thinkers.
D8 will also showcase leading executives from the mobile, digital, media, automotive and political arenas, including:
- Tim Armstrong, chairman and chief executive officer, AOL
- Steve Burke, chief operating officer, Comcast
- Steve Case, chairman and chief executive officer, Revolution
- Peter Chou, chief executive officer, HTC
- John Donahoe, president and chief executive officer, eBay
- Julius Genachowski, chairman, FCC
- Paul Jacobs, chief executive officer, Qualcomm
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive officer, DreamWorks Animation SKG
- Alan Mulally, chief executive officer, Ford
- Ray Ozzie, chief software architect, Microsoft
- Richard Rosenblatt, co-founder, chairman and chief executive officer, Demand Media
- Vivian Schiller, president and chief executive officer, National Public Radio
- Paul Steiger, editor-in-chief, president and chief executive officer, ProPublica
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder and chief executive officer, Facebook
Live blogs and photos from each session will be available on AllThingsD.com during each interview, with video highlights posted shortly afterwards.
Attendance for the D conference has been sold out since January. Conference information, full D coverage and video of past conferences, including the historic joint appearance by Steve Jobs and Bill Gates at D5, can be found online at http://allthingsd.com/d/.
D8 is sponsored by AMD, AOL, Houlihan Lokey, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, NYSE Euronext, Qualcomm and Thomson Reuters.
About All Things Digital
All Things Digital (www.allthingsd.com) is devoted to news, analysis and opinion on technology, the Internet and media. Co-edited by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher, the site is the online extension of the annual “D: All Things Digital” conference started by Mossberg and Swisher in 2003 and attended by the digital elite. The site is a mix of columns, blogs and video including Mossberg’s Personal Technology, Swisher’s BoomTown, John Paczkowski’s Digital Daily, Peter Kafka’s MediaMemo and Katherine Boehret’s Mossberg Solution.