NEW YORK (June 14, 2010) – All Things Digital today announced that the first full-length videos from D8 are available on www.d8.allthingsd.com to view, embed and share. The eighth annual D: All Things Digital, The Wall Street Journal’s executive conference, was held on June 1-3, 2010, at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. Full, uncut videos from interviews with Apple CEO Steve Jobs and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg were posted last week; the full session with director James Cameron posted this morning.
Founded by executive co-producers Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher in 2003, the D conference is the annual gathering of the most influential figures in media and technology. Each year, Mossberg and Swisher put these top players to the test onstage during unscripted conversations…often with unexpected results.
Blog summaries, photo galleries and highlight reels from all D8 sessions are currently available on AllThingsD.com. In coming weeks, full-length, large-screen videos will be posted each Monday and Thursday for the remaining D8 speakers:
- Tim Armstrong, chairman and chief executive officer, AOL
- Steve Ballmer, chief executive officer, Microsoft
- Lloyd Braun, co-owner, BermanBraun
- Steve Burke, chief operating officer, Comcast
- Steve Case, chairman and chief executive officer, Revolution
- Peter Chou, chief executive officer, HTC
- John Donahoe, president and chief executive officer, eBay
- Julius Genachowski, chairman, FCC
- Paul Jacobs, chief executive officer, Qualcomm
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive officer, DreamWorks Animation SKG
- Steven Levitan, co-creator, “Modern Family”
- Alan Mulally, chief executive officer, Ford Motor Company
- Ray Ozzie, chief software architect, Microsoft
- Richard Rosenblatt, co-founder, chairman and chief executive officer, Demand Media
- Vivian Schiller, president and chief executive officer, National Public Radio
- Paul Steiger, editor-in-chief, president and chief executive officer, ProPublica
Videos of product demos at D8 are also available on www.d8.allthingsd.com including Dell’s Streak, Kno’s tablet, Microsoft’s Project Natal (renamed “Kinect”), OnLive’s cloud gaming service and Wordnik’s Smartwords.
Conference information, full coverage and videos from past D conferences can be found online at www.allthingsd.com/d/.
D8 was sponsored by AMD, AOL, Houlihan Lokey, Juniper Networks, Microsoft, NYSE Euronext, Qualcomm and Thomson Reuters. D8 video was sponsored by Vibrant.
About All Things Digital
All Things Digital (www.allthingsd.com) is devoted to news, analysis and opinion on technology, the Internet and media. Co-edited by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher, the site is the online extension of the annual “D: All Things Digital” conference started by Mossberg and Swisher in 2003 and attended by the digital elite. The site is a mix of columns, blogs and video including Mossberg’s Personal Technology, Swisher’s BoomTown, John Paczkowski’s Digital Daily, Peter Kafka’s MediaMemo and Katherine Boehret’s Mossberg Solution.