Consumer Reports: Hey! Look at Us! We’re Not Recommending the iPhone 4 Again!
Just when Apple (AAPL) thought it had closed antennagate, Consumer Reports has thrown it wide open.
The company’s discontinuation of its iPhone 4 case program has prompted the publication to once again deny the device its endorsement. Because, why not, right?
“Our tests found the Bumper successfully mitigates the iPhone 4’s reception issue, which was a weak point in the phone’s otherwise-stellar performance in our tests,” Consumer Reports said in a post to its blog today. “And we agree with Apple that not all iPhone 4 owners will experience reception difficulties with the device. But putting the onus on any owners of a product to obtain a remedy to a design flaw is not acceptable to us. We therefore continue not to recommend the iPhone 4, and to call on Apple to provide a permanent fix for the phone’s reception issues.”
And, judging from iPhone 4 sales to date, consumers will likely continue to pay little attention to CR’s continued non-recommendation. After all, the publication did rate the iPhone 4 “Excellent” in its display, navigation, Web browsing, multimedia and battery life categories, “Very Good” in phoning and messaging and “Good” in voice quality.
[Note: Obviously Photoshopped image obviously Photoshopped]
- iPhone 4 Full Coverage on AllThingsD.com
- Apple Ends iPhone 4 Case Program, Says Attenuation Issue Is “Even Smaller Than We Originally Thought”
- Apple Hopes for Best Case Scenario in iPhone Flap
- Apple’s “Just Encase” Answer to iPhone 4 Complaints [Live Blog]
- What Will Apple Say Tomorrow? Your Guess Is as Good as My Analyst’s.
- Apple Releases iOS 4.0.1 for iPhone, iOS 3.2.1 for iPad
- The Reality Distortion Field Appears to Be Suffering Attenuation Issues as Well
- Analyst: “Highly Unlikely” iPhone 4 Recall Could Cost Apple $1.5 Billion
- Apple Snips Needling Threads From iPhone 4 Forums
- IPhone 4 Recall? Get a Grip!
- Consumer Reports: By the Way, the iPhone 4 is Also the Best Smartphone on the Market
- Duct-Tape Makers Look for Boost From Consumer Reports iPhone Verdict
- Consumer Reports: We Can’t Recommend the iPhone 4
- Apple: Your iPhone 4 Antenna Is Fine, and So Is Your Reception–But We’re Fixing Our Software Anyway
- Grip Different: Apple, AT&T Sued Over iPhone 4 Antenna Issue
- Gripping Antenna Drama Won’t Hold iPhone 4 Back, Says Analyst
- Apple on iPhone 4 Reception Problems: Grip Different