Barack Obama on Steve Jobs
Here’s President Barack Obama’s statement on the Apple co-founder, released via a White House blog post:
Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.
By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.
The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve’s wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.
Image courtesy of Obama Pacman
- Samsung, Google Cancel Launch Event Out of Respect for Steve Jobs
- Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert Say Goodbye to Steve Jobs
- An Accountant’s Soul Presides Over the P&L at Apple
- New York Times Crossword Honors Steve Jobs With Puzzle Written by Quora Engineer
- For Steve (Comic)
- Walt Mossberg Reflects on Life and Career of Steve Jobs for Fox Business (Video)
- Apple Shares Rise
- Steve Jobs Biography Arrives in October, a Month Early
- Now What? The Post-Jobs Era in Tech.
- Thoughts on the First Day of Apple’s Post-Jobs Era
- How Will Apple Shares Fare Today?
- Tributes to Steve Jobs, in Pictures
- The Three Irreplaceable Qualities of Steve Jobs
- Walt Mossberg: The Steve Jobs I Knew
- Remembering the Life of Steve Jobs
- Steve Jobs in His Own Words
- Barack Obama On Steve Jobs
- Tech and Media Titans Pay Tribute to Steve Jobs
- Steve Jobs’s Appearances at D, the Full Video Sessions
- Bill Gates: “I Will Miss Steve Immensely”
- Steve Jobs Through the Years: Highlights and Clips From the D Conference
- Steve Jobs Has Died