On Its Eighth Birthday, Facebook Files to Raise $5 Billion in Massive IPO (Get Your S-1 Here!)
Here are the major stats on Facebook’s IPO, which it just filed: 845 million monthly users and 483 million daily users; annual revenue of $3.7 billion; $1.8 billion in annual operating income and $1 billion net income.
And the raise in the initial public offering for now? It’s $5 billion. That could go up, of course; as yet, there is no valuation listed in the S-1 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the social networking giant.
Let’s just say, it will be a lot.
And here are some uh-oh stats:
A full 12 percent of Facebook’s revenue in 2011 was linked to its relationship with online gaming giant Zynga.
And overall growth is slowing too.
Said Facebook’s filing:
“We believe that our rates of user and revenue growth will decline over time. For example, our annual revenue grew 154% from 2009 to 2010 and 88% from 2010 to 2011. Historically, our user growth has been a primary driver of growth in our revenue. Our user growth and revenue growth rates will inevitably slow as we achieve higher market penetration rates, as our revenue increases to higher levels, and as we experience increased competition.”
That is still en fuego, but will be noted by many.
In case you were visiting the outer rings of Jupiter and did not hear, you might want to know that Facebook filed for an initial public offering today. It is perhaps the most eagerly anticipated of financial events in Silicon Valley in many years.
The massive social networking site — which was launched in an undergraduate dorm room at Harvard University on the first Wednesday in February 2004, exactly eight years ago — is now a global phenomenon.
Its rocket ride to the top of the Internet and in Silicon Valley has been largely due to the aggressive innovation of one very unusual founder, CEO and co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
Assembling an experienced team and pushing through a series of sometimes controversial products to link friends together online, the young entrepreneur has built a service that now is challenging even search giant Google.
Zuckerberg has been slow to take the company public, although the move was inevitable.
And now, of course, it is here.
More to come, as the ATD team parses the IPO filing, which is below (so join in!):
- In Its First Acquisition as a Public Company, Facebook Buys Social Gifting App Karma
- Zynga’s Stock Tanks After Facebook Fails to Pop
- The Price Is Right: Facebook Closes Near Opening Price
- And We’re Off! Facebook Shares Hit the Nasdaq at a Slight Increase Before Settling Back.
- Hear That?
- $$FB$$ Has Arrived: So Now What?
- Facebook Cheers On Mark Zuckerberg. Wall Street Gets Its Chance Soon.
- The Verdict Is In: Facebook Share Price Set at $38
- How Will Facebook’s Zuckerberg Adapt to Working in the Public Eye?
- Facebook IPO Halo Boosts Social Media Stocks
- How Will Facebook Ring in the IPO? With a Hackathon, Of Course.
- What to Expect When Facebook Is Expecting: Five Predictions for Facebook’s First Public Year
- Facebook Is Still Figuring It Out. Will Advertisers and Investors Wait Around?
- Investors Told Facebook IPO Will Be in $34 to $38 Price Range
- Facebook Roadshow Bloopers (Comic)
- Facebook’s Latest S-1 Amendment: Yep, We’re Still Weak on Mobile
- $FB Is a Buy, Analysts Say
- Facebook’s Road Show Kicks Off Electronically With Zuckerberg in a T-Shirt (Video)
- After Public Offering, Mark Zuckerberg Will Still Control More Than Half of Facebook
- Facebook IPO Docs Could Get Approval This Week, Followed by Road Show With Zuckerberg (No Guarantee on Tie)
- Updated S-1: Facebook’s Yearly Revenue Growth Up 45 Percent, But Down Six Percent From Last Quarter
- SecondMarket Lays Off 10 Percent in Light of Facebook IPO
- SEC Cracks Down on Firms Trading Facebook Pre-IPO Shares
- Tidbits From the Facebook IPO Filing: I’ll Have What SV VCs Marc Andreessen and Jim Breyer Are Having!
- During the IPO Quiet Period, Please Enjoy the D Stylings of Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg (Video)
- Facebook’s Ad Business Is a $3 Billion Mystery
- Viral Video: Farewell to the No-IPO Mark Zuckerberg
- Zuckerberg Is the Billion-Share Man: Who Owns What, Who Makes What in the Facebook IPO
- Zuckerberg Tells Investors, “We Don’t Build Services to Make Money”
- Mobile Highlighted as Key Risk Factor (and Opportunity) in Facebook Filing
- Stop All That Poking: Facebook Filing Temporarily Crashes SEC Web Site
- Zynga Accounted for 12 Percent of Facebook’s Revenue in 2011
- Facebook Has 845 Million Users
- On Its Eighth Birthday, Facebook Files to Raise $5 Billion in Massive IPO (Get Your S-1 Here!)
- Go the F**k Back to Sleep, Silicon Valley: Facebook IPO Likely to File Later Today at Earliest
- Dude, Where’s My Facebook IPO Filing? (Ashton’s on Hold!)
- The Quiet Man: Meet the Less-Known Face of the Facebook IPO, CFO David Ebersman
- Facebook Board Meeting Today for Final IPO Okays
- Facebook (Eye)PO: Tracking the Truth of the Biggest Deal of Web 2.0
- Viral Graphic: Visualizing the Facebook IPO
- Is Facebook IPO on Track for Late May?
- IPO Watch: Facebook Hiring Brunswick to Help With Comms for Expected Public Offering
- Complete Facebook coverage